Monday, May 9, 2011

Busy Weekend

It was a great weekend, but very busy. However, I got my workout in, so it's okay!

Friday was a social evening, so I didn't work out at all that day. But Saturday was rushed!

Congrats to my brother, who graduated Saturday morning! After watching the commencement, we all met at Red Lobster for a celebratory lunch. I did good. I limited myself to one delicious cheddar bay biscuit, and had a salad before the meal came. Shrimp scampi and crab legs, with a side of broccoli instead of fries. I knew I'd be running after lunch, so I didn't want anything super heavy, and keeping the exercise in mind made me make a few decent decisions at the table.

So after lunch, I changed and met two friends at the local high school track. We started off together, but eventually started spreading out at our own paces. In the end, I was able to run 3 miles in 33 minutes. Which is great for me!

But get this....I didn't run Sunday, but today I went alone. I shaved 4 minutes off my time! I swear I didn't cheat, I really did finish 3 miles in 29 minutes. I was so excited. I hope I can keep this pace. I would really like to run the 5K in less than 30 minutes. I have a little less than 3 weeks. I think I can handle it!

And now I'm starving, so I'm going to go recover some calories! I won't be able to do anything tomorrow. I'm going to let my body relax and I'll be going to a Norfolk Tides game! (baseball) So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment