Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fundraising

Let's talk about money, shall we?

Money is always an issue when it comes to big athletic events. Whether it's a sponsorship thing or fundraising for a cause, the event costs money just to put on.

Tough Mudder cost me about $123.00 to sign up. It gets more expensive as the event gets closer. I don't mind paying it, though, since the Tough Mudder benefits the Wounded Warrior Project.

I've raised money in the past for one other charity. That's the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and it's because it is a cause close to my heart. I have lost one family member, and a friend to suicide. I normally give yearly to this charity, in hopes of raising awareness, increasing depression research, and preventing others from succumbing to this tragic result of depression.

The Wounded Warrior Project isn't something that hits as close to home, but still a charity I am proud to support. I've grown up in a mostly military area. There are several military bases within an hour's drive in each direction for me. Most of my friends are either in the military, or from a military family. Although none of my direct relatives or friends have been wounded while serving our country, it's always on the news.

I have to brainstorm ways to raise money for this charity. Any help would be appreciated (if I ever get any followers! haha)

Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment