Monday, May 9, 2011

A shoe is a shoe is a shoe, right?....wrong

So I love my shoes so much that I decided to write a blog about them. Hahaha. Well, I figured if anyone looked for a review, I could speak up for the non-athletic people trying to start working out....

Actually, I've never been super active before. So when I started working out, I basically had my Nike Shox everyday shoes to use in the gym. I started to notice that my hips and knees were really taking a beating when I ran. I chalked it up to being out of shape and kept trucking on.

Unfortunately, this tactic didn't work.Someone told me to go online and check out Asics.

I was skeptical of high praises for Asics. I mean, I'm sure they're great, but some people literally acted as if NOTHING out there was suitable for my feet. Whatever, I found a pretty pair and ...

So, behold, my Asics Gel Noosa Tri-6.


I was so excited when they came in the mail...but I didn't want to wear them. What if I messed them up!? They're sooo pretty! ......okay, enough of that....I seriously don't want to scuff them, but that's what they're for, right, running?

The first time I put them on, they didn't feel all that cushioned, but the arch support was decent, which is what I worry most about ever since my first horrible pair of New Balances (which I will never buy again, just because their arch supports hit the wrong area of my foot). These were light, and obviously airy. They're meant to run triathalons, without socks, and come with speed laces as well.

I found them to be super comfortable, and best of all, my knees and hips didn't hurt at all after the first two workouts with these shoes. I never knew how much a good pair of shoes would make a difference, but now I know. 

I've run with them on a treadmill, trail, and pavement. No problems yet. I dread the day that I wear them completely out and have to buy new ones. I normally wear them with socks, because I just always feel weird without them, but I've actually found that these are really comfortable without.

My point? I was so wrong. Shoes really do matter. I can't be cheap anymore, it's worth the investment. And Asics really really nice. I actually tried on several pairs before I got these, and for me at least, they are the way to go. Funny you don't see commercials for Asics, but they're apparently pretty popular.

You can run in old shirts, you can survive with ratty shorts. But a good pair of shoes is the way to go.

I'm still sorta weirded out by Vibram Five Fingers, but after a few friends have tried them, I'm tempted...

No comments:

Post a Comment