Friday, May 2, 2014

Tough Mudder MidAtlantic 2012

TM MidAtlantic 2012 was scheduled for the day before my 27th birthday. Which was pretty good, because that meant that 3 of my best friends were forced to hang out with me on my birthday weekend, since they'd already committed to being my TM Teammates that year. 3D and I were ready.


Team DTF!
(Down To Finish....duh)

Frederick is a small town in Maryland, and it was totally unprepared for over 10,000 Tough Mudders to intrude. Not only that, but on TM's part as an organization....failure to plan. You'll see.

On the way there, we found "Mudd Tavern Rd." and had to stop for a photo op....fitting for a Mudder weekend.

Since one of my teammates took the photos last year, I don't have documentation of the actual course. But the warmer temperature made it more bearable, despite the crazy downpour during the event. We're talking I just had to close my eyes while running because I couldn't see anyways. After about 3 hours on the course, we were exhausted but pretty happy. 




And then we saw what the rain did to the empty field that everyone parked in.....







The boys left to help people push their cars out for about 3.5 hours.....I stayed close to my NEW car though.












Tough Mudder ended up being cancelled the following day....creating an uproar asking for refunds. TM organization claimed it was cancelled due to "unsafe course", but we heard later that the city of Frederick revoked their permit due to their poor planning and misinformation when applying for the permit.

Whatever. We survived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment