Friday, May 16, 2014

Races of 2013-2014

In 2012, I met my now-fiance. In March 2013, we decided to run the Shamrock 8K.

I assumed that he had done organized running events before. I honestly thought that if someone was in good shape, they had run in a race. I thought that I was just behind on this whole running with other people thing.

I was wrong. My fiance had never run in an organized event. So that made the Yuengling Shamrock 8K so much more fun!!!


I hate running, still. 



So after that event....I didn't do much of anything in 2013. 

Until our visit to Iowa, where his sister signed us up for a neighborhood 5K. After not running for several months, I was super disappointed in my time. But at least I was doing SOMETHING, I guess. 



That was in September, and I didn't do anything else until the 2013 ChristmasTown Dash 8K (again at Busch Gardens). This time, my fiance did the race with me. It was, again, an awesome event. 




 When March 2014 rolled around, we did the Shamrock 8K again, but added his sister into the team. The family was visiting, and since we ran in a 5K in Iowa, we wanted to do another race when they were in our area! I made sure we all had Iowa shirts to wear, to coordinate!






 and shortly after, in April, I ran the Race For a Better Place 8K



That's all of fitness events, updated. Now I can go back to the real reason I wanted to restart the blog....moving to another state!

No comments:

Post a Comment