Thursday, May 1, 2014

Races of 2012, Moving to Texas

Here I am....almost 2 years after my last entry...starting again...

A lot has happened since April of 2012. Obviously. A lot happens every day.

I came back because I'll be moving from Virginia to Texas in May 2014. Since I don't know anyone there yet, and my family will still be here in Virginia...blogging might be a good way to keep track of the adventure and keep family and friends informed!

But let me recap some of the fitness stuff I never got around to posting. 

Here's some stuff I did: 

May 2012
I ran my second ChickFilA 5K, which was another great event from FlatOut Events. Even better, my cousin ran it with me. (Well...she ran it as well...not with me...she beat me!)



(Free sammiches for the runners!!!)



Also ran my first Color Me Rad 5K, where my cousin & another friend were also in attendance.


And my second in July 2012



















Color Me Rad was a fun event, but I will say the lack of timing chips made for a very non-competitive and SLOW event. I haven't signed up for another, and I probably won't. If you're looking for a fun event, do a color run. But if you actually want to time yourself or achieve a PR for a 5K, you're likely to be upset and caught behind strollers, walkers, and small children - as there is not competition and this is truly just for fun.

Skip ahead to September 2012 and I did my second Tough Mudder at the MidAtlantic in Frederick, MD. I'll do an entire post dedicated to that, later.

After a much needed break after Tough Mudder, I did my first ChristmasTown Dash 8K, which was a really awesome event that is also by FlatOut Events. It took an 8K course and wound it through my FAVORITE theme park, Busch Gardens Williamsburg. An already awesome park, this race is held during the day but the park is decorated for Christmas. Loved it!





No comments:

Post a Comment