Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Improving & Making it Home

It's been about 2 months since we arrived here in Texas. And honestly, even though I miss my family....it's starting to feel like home. We've done a lot to make this house our home. Painting was our first project, but here's some before & afters!

Tango supervised all projects, just to make sure they were done on a professional level.



First.....we realized as we painted that EVERYTHING had a peach-ish tint in this house. You don't realize the base color right away until you use a contrasting color....like our bedroom, where we added a mint green accent wall. Here's the "neutral" color we started with: 


(Doesn't it look pink!?....And Tango is hanging out, chillaxin while we work)



















Going with browns, blues, and greens in here. I added another blue curtain to each window....I know this looks strange. 


Hobby Lobby glass and a gorgeous sign from Kirkland's. :)

Also, while they were here, Aaron's parents helped immensely. Painting and putting up crown moulding in the living room: 

 

Doesn't it just look so sophisticated now? It matches our mantle.

We also tackled the guest bedroom, which was God-Awful Pepto Bismol color. (I mean, I guess it's cool for a little girl....)


It's a really nice blue now, with vintage style prints. Blue, black, and white are looking good!

Also, for the outdoors, I got my compost bin started, my rain barrel still needs to be elevated in a good location, and my garden. And I planted a few flowers out front:




Really brightens up the place!


Aaron's mom & I redid the horribly dated oak cabinets....more on that project later. We used a kit by Rustoleum. And it was....Amazing.


I also used Polyblend Grout Renew on the bathroom to test out. 

I'll probably do a better review after I do the whole house.....whenever that will be....



The biggest project: The Deck. And Pergola. Aaron designed this on his computer. He researched endlessly. He and his dad executed the plan AMAZINGLY:






We have shades installed, too. Oh my gosh this turned out better than I could have ever hoped. I cannot WAIT to have a cookout!!! 

Oh, and did you notice our new baby? We also got a new dog from the shelter: 

This is Remy. Remy Martin. He's a sweetheart. He was sick when we got him and malnourished, but we're happy to report that he's healthy now. And a great brother to Tango. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment