Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Roadblocks!

Having gotten my Tough Mudder recap out of the way, there wasn't really a lot that followed. I'd like to say that I stayed on my game and got in better shape, but admittedly, I fell off the fitness wagon. I ate what I wanted, rarely worked out, and traded muscle for several pouds of fat.

I ordered Insanity. Let me tell you how that worked out for me....it lasted 2 days.

I finally got a little motivation, and decided to switch gyms. I went from Planet Fitness to OneLife. Planet Fitness, though an admirable establishment for those who are self motivated, is...well, it gets boring. There are no classes, limited variety of cardio machines, and frankly I was just not motivated to go. OneLife is more pricey but I consider it worthwhile since I have much more equipment, classes to choose from, and a number of amenities.



VS










I also got 3 free Training Sessions with a certified trainer. My first consult was just an intro to the options and logging my goals and info. No big deal. Goal: Get in shape for Tough Mudder 2012.


The second session was harsh. The trainer took my measurements. It was terrible. Not only was I disappointed that I'd gained so much (around 10 lbs), but I was told for the first time that my body fat put me in a "slightly overweight" category. I know I'm not "fat" and by no means am I under the impression that this is not fixable...but it was a blow I wasn't ready for and it really left me less motivated. It should have pushed me, but honestly, I've been working a lot of overtime and dealing with stressors. It's not an excuse but I'm really unmotivated at this point.

My third session is still unscheduled. The trainer assigned to me doesn't really have the same availability that I have, and I don't find myself following a set schedule lately. So I've hit a roadblock.

I'm trying really hard to change my diet and I've gone to the gym when I have time. This blog will hopefully keep me on track, or help. I also just signed up for SparkPeople, a fitness website. I'll let you know what that does for me, too. Tracking my exercise and food was a huge help when I lost about 25 lbs a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment